Experience our wide range of endemic birds, while enjoying some of the most beautiful landscapes you will ever see. This birding tour designed for cruise passengers, lets you enjoy St. Lucia's natural beauty in time for you to return to your cruise ship.
Our tour begins from pick up at Port Castries, where give commentary on St. Lucia’s history and bird life on an interesting drive to the Atlantic coast and small village of Dennery (one of the island’s most successful fishing villages). This is an opportunity to experience the Caribbean at its best and enjoy panoramic view of the colorful village of Dennery.
Our first stop on the east coast of St. Lucia we’ll devote some time in search for one of the very much sought-after endemics, the White-breasted Thrasher, and to getting good views of this range-restricted endemic. We also have the opportunity to find the Saint Lucia Warbler, Pewee and if luck come our way, the Saint Lucia Black Finch. Other specialist birds to look for in this habitat are the Grey Trembler, the LA Saltator, Green Troated Carib and LA Crested hummer.
We move on to the beautiful and lush Des Cartier Rainforest trail for the highlight of the day; the opportunity to see the spectacular Saint Lucia Parrot, National Bird of Saint Lucia, and the most colorful parrot of the Amazona parrots. This will involve a leisurely walk up the gently sloping track from the entrance, stopping along the way searching for endemics, Saint Lucia Oriole, Black Finch, Pewee and Wabler. Also specialties like the Rufus throated Solitare, Grey Trembler, LA Fly Catcher, Antillean Euphonia, Purple Throated Carib, LA Swift and other rainforest dwelling birds. If luck permits the occasional Bridle quail Dove and the Ruddy Quail Dove.
It will be time to head back to the Cruise ship. The drive back will be a 1 hour 45 minutes. We should be back at port Castries by 3:30PM.
- We offer water, juice boxes and a light snack.
- We have the option to stop along the way to get lunch from at the small restaurants at Dennery or Micoud.
- We recommend proper walking shoes, long trousers and insect repellent for rain forest.
- We provide binoculars if needed and can teach you to use them if you’re a beginner.
- We offer hands on training in the use of binoculars.
- Guides are equipped with spotting scopes. Complements Votex Optic.
- Cost includes transportation, guiding entrance fees, guiding and refreshment.
Download your St. Lucia Birds Guide and Checklist